- RSS Channel Showcase 9277434
- RSS Channel Showcase 8123956
- RSS Channel Showcase 7470533
- RSS Channel Showcase 3913710
Articles on this Page
- 11/14/18--08:19: _Home of the Week: C...
- 11/15/18--04:00: _Our Fall BAL Issue ...
- 11/19/18--06:55: _The Chisca on Main
- 11/21/18--05:00: _Home of the Week: S...
- 11/22/18--04:20: _NIMTOO, NIMBY, LULU...
- 11/27/18--11:30: _We Love A Great Bef...
- 11/28/18--13:09: _Home of the Week: S...
- 11/29/18--05:34: _The Third E: Effici...
- 12/04/18--07:21: _A Touch of Mayberry
- 12/05/18--09:02: _Home of the Week: B...
- 12/07/18--06:31: _Inspired by the Eng...
- 11/14/18--08:19: Home of the Week: Casa Uber Alles
- 11/15/18--04:00: Our Fall BAL Issue Is Here!
- 11/19/18--06:55: The Chisca on Main
- 11/21/18--05:00: Home of the Week: Shiell
- 11/22/18--04:20: NIMTOO, NIMBY, LULU—The Alphabet Soup of Affordability
- 11/27/18--11:30: We Love A Great Before And After
- 11/28/18--13:09: Home of the Week: Somerset at Parasol Park
- 11/29/18--05:34: The Third E: Efficiency
- 12/04/18--07:21: A Touch of Mayberry
- 12/05/18--09:02: Home of the Week: Browning Residence
- 12/07/18--06:31: Inspired by the English
To be honest, this project that combined talents of a Texas HBA and local high school students was one of our absolute favorites! Casa Uber Alles, The Best in American Living Awards (BALA) Judges Discretionary Award winner for Educational Building Trades Program, is a Tiny House on the Fredericksburg, Texas, […]
A beautiful home is made better when it’s surrounded by a beautiful community, and crafting that connection is what our Best in American Living™ 2018 Fall Issue is about! Whether the development is new and energy-efficient (from one Alaska university’s study on building in cold climates, or from high-performing windows and doors)… […]
This historic rehabilitation includes the 9-story Hotel Chisca, built in 1913, and an adjacent annex constructed in 1961. Hotel Chisca witnessed rock-n-roll history in 1954 when Elvis Presley’s song, “That’s All Right,” was broadcast from a second-floor radio studio. By the 1990s, however, the building was abandoned and in 2002, […]
This Wayzata, Minn., home is set on a large, wooded lot, an uncommon benefit in a community so close to the Minneapolis-St. Paul urban center. All of the home necessities are located on the main level, as this home is intended for a buyer of retirement age. A sloping lot enabled […]
By Jon Chandler The most obvious driver of higher prices of anything—be it housing or hazelnuts—is almost always going to be a shortage of that commodity. Therefore, the equally obvious answer to any affordability issue is to generate more of whatever is scarce and let market forces drive the price […]
The owners wanted to renovate their recently purchased “diamond in the rough” single board farmhouse while maintaining the ambiance of the old homestead. This 1904 farmhouse was restored to make the home livable with today’s amenities while taking care to showcase the simplicity of the historic building elements. Before The […]
This three-story Irvine, Calif.’s home’s unique layout was inspired by vertical, urban living and incorporates outdoor spaces on each floor. The lofty, contemporary design captivates with its breath-taking, minimalistic exterior, making this design the statement piece of the street. From the graceful arched entry to the contrasting siding details and […]
Wait! Did you read Lita’s post about the First E: Experiences? What about the Second E: Ease of Living? Reprinted with permission from Lita Dirks & Co. In this third blog of our series, the Four E’s: Design that Attracts the 55+ Buyer we’ll focus on Efficiency. Typically, the 55+ […]
The Murray, Saussy Burbank’s model home in Fort Mill, SC’s Masons Bend community, was designed to reflect the farmhouse aesthetic in a modern interpretation. The natural, unstained cedar elements on the exterior were translated to the interior with unstained white oak floors and knotty pine details. Our interior designer, […]
Located in the woods of Auburn, Ala., this project takes advantage of an irregular, sloping site by locating the home overlooking a natural valley. The form of the house is an arrangement of interlocking interior spaces expressed as a simple gable form with additive elements. The design features a modest […]
The English Barn House is situated at the edge of a small, pedestrian-oriented hamlet of European vernacular-styled, agrarian inspired houses. The guiding design concept for the design was to render the house in the style of a small English barn at the edge of a Cotswolds hamlet in a forested […]