- RSS Channel Showcase 4395463
- RSS Channel Showcase 3627804
- RSS Channel Showcase 9567607
- RSS Channel Showcase 3473536
Articles on this Page
- 07/10/15--05:48: _Housing Design Matt...
- 07/30/15--13:47: _Making Multi-Zone K...
- 08/24/15--11:20: _A Drinking Problem ...
- 08/31/15--09:04: _Power Pantries
- 10/07/15--09:23: _Do You Really Need ...
- 03/29/17--10:42: _Home of the Week: F...
- 08/17/18--09:40: _Picture-Perfect Nas...
- 08/21/18--07:00: _New Home Buyers Wan...
- 08/22/18--13:52: _Home of the Week: G...
- 08/23/18--04:07: _The Second E: Ease ...
- 08/24/18--06:56: _Wow Buyers With Val...
- 08/27/18--06:25: _Our Summer Issue Is...
- 08/29/18--13:20: _Home of the Week: B...
- 08/31/18--05:45: _Columbia Heights Vi...
- 09/03/18--05:36: _Deconstructing the ...
- 09/05/18--12:52: _Home of the Week: S...
- 09/07/18--07:52: _Spotlight on Commun...
- 09/11/18--08:27: _Supply and Demand
- 09/13/18--10:34: _Home of the Week: R...
- 09/19/18--10:20: _Home of the Week: S...
- 07/10/15--05:48: Housing Design Matters – Shutter Foul
- 07/30/15--13:47: Making Multi-Zone Kitchens
- 08/24/15--11:20: A Drinking Problem in the Kitchen
- 08/31/15--09:04: Power Pantries
- 10/07/15--09:23: Do You Really Need the Tub?
- 03/29/17--10:42: Home of the Week: Firethorn at Summer’s Corner
- 08/17/18--09:40: Picture-Perfect Nashville Living
- 08/22/18--13:52: Home of the Week: Glen Park Residence
- 08/23/18--04:07: The Second E: Ease of Living
- 08/24/18--06:56: Wow Buyers With Value-Packed, Curated Design Packages
- 08/27/18--06:25: Our Summer Issue Is Here!
- 08/29/18--13:20: Home of the Week: Basecamp SFH
- 08/31/18--05:45: Columbia Heights Village: A Model of Affordable Urban Housing
- 09/05/18--12:52: Home of the Week: Summer House
- 09/07/18--07:52: Spotlight on Community: Riverworks
- 09/11/18--08:27: Supply and Demand
- 09/13/18--10:34: Home of the Week: Rockhill
- 09/19/18--10:20: Home of the Week: Skye Palm Springs Plan Two
If I were shutter patrol collecting $1 fines for every […]
In households of working parents, our kitchens can beco […]
Let’s face it: Americans drink. It starts with coffee o […]
As a residential architect and working mom, I make it m […]
A luxurious master bath is all the rage these days. But how exactly do we define “Luxury” as working parents? Until recently, the focus of the master bathroom was centered on the tub. A large 42”x 60” piece sitting on an elaborate deck is stunning if your bathroom is roughly the size of your master […]
A Summerville, S.C., Colonial Revival-style home, Firethorn balances classic design with approachable modern living. The property was a 2016 BALA Silver Award winner for Detached Home 2,501 – 3,000 square feet. And now it’s our Home of the Week! We enter beneath the double-stacked porch and find a kitchen and family […]
Project team: Architect/designer: Looney Ricks Kiss Builder: Forte Building Group Interior designer: Pamela Wilder Interior merchandiser: The Mix Interiors and Styling Landscape architect/designer: Fields Landscape Architecture Photography by McGinn Photography This home is located on a small parcel within a new infill neighborhood designed to maintain existing topography and major […]
Six states. Twelve markets. A reported 3,200 homes sold and recognition as Builder of the Year by Builder & Developer Magazine in 2017. A relentless, passionate commitment to design and personalization. Ashton Woods is a mid-sized builder that was in the news recently with the highlights of a national survey […]
The 2017 Best in American Living Awards Platinum winner for Entire Home Remodel $750,001 and Over, this San Francisco residence was created for everyday living, intimate meetings, entertaining, and a place to share ideas with others. (The 2018 Best in American Living™ Awards deadline is nearing–enter today!) Architecturally, the building is designed […]
Wait! Did you read Lita’s post about the First E: Experiences? Reprinted with permission from Lita Dirks & Co. Do you know what the new boomer buyer wants and what they expect? We want you to reach this particular market in a way that is meaningful to them, so we’ve […]
By Allison King What if the steps to buying a home could be simplified and streamlined while offering more than expected — all wrapped up in an exceptional experience? This was the question that launched the concept for Fresh Paint, a production line of homes with a designer soul. In […]
Builders in Their Communities The Summer Best in American Living™ is here! In this issue, we visit the forward-thinkers who are building locally, but thinking globally. Watch a team of North Carolina builders join the renaissance of rural lifestyle, tour a modern take on the classic farmhouse, and be inspired […]
Chicago’s Basecamp is a transit-oriented, single-family community that integrates private, semi-private and public spaces with a modern, yet contextually compatible aesthetic. Individual lots are configured along tree-lined streets with sidewalks that curve through the site and access centrally located parks. Tailored to young families and couples who prefer the city […]
Project Team Architect/Designer: Hord Coplan Macht Remodeler: DFS Construction Developer: CRC Companies Interior Designer : MSA Interiors Inc. Columbia Heights Village (CHV) is a large affordable housing community in the Columbia Heights neighborhood of Washington, DC. Formed from a partnership with CRC Companies and the non-profit Change All Souls Housing […]
By Tess Wittler What influences the new home buying decisions with millennials? This was a question that Ali Wolf of Meyers Research and Cassie Cherry of Danielian Associates Architecture + Planning researched earlier this year. Here are some of the identified design and technology innovations they found that resonates with […]
Before we meet Summer House, the 2018 Best in American Living™ Awards (BALA) deadline is Friday, Sept. 7! Your win could be waiting–enter now! Summer House is a 35-unit California community of flats over a podium that was built on a steeply sloping site, from a street down to a lagoon, […]
Project Team Architect/Designer: Barton Partners Builder: Penntex Construction Developer: Toll Brothers Apartment Living Interior Designer: Mary Cook Associates Located in Phoenixville, Pennsylvania, Riverworks is a contemporary lifestyle community comprising 349 upscale apartments. Situated along two picturesque waterways — French Creek and the Schuylkill River — it occupies the former site […]
by Jon Chandler Some years back, while we were in the middle of a protracted argument in Oregon about adding additional land for development, there was an article in the paper in which environmental advocates and government regulators were quoted to the effect that they had never heard anyone say […]
This original 1,600-square-foot, Alamo Heights, Texas, ranch-style home was built in 1953. It is a 2017 Best in American Living Awards Silver winner for Entire Home Remodel up to $250,000. The owners required expansion for their growing family but were on a limited budget, so costs were focused on an […]
Custom character was key in creating this authentic homage to mid-century design traditions. The classic exterior showcases well-organized geometric forms, simple materials and a neutral palette. The roof design provides shelter and shade from desert heat and sun. Through the garden entry, this sophisticated plan configuration opens to a classic […]